[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: encryption export bill

This is Senate Bill 1587, the complete text of which can be found at:
http://www.cdt.org/crypto/senate_bill.htm.  While much cheering and
hope can be found in the press it seems highly unlikely, at least under
the current administration, that this will actually go anywhere.  As I
understand it, there are no concessions to gov't in the bill.

Greg